NOW WITH 2020 AMENDMENTS
Building regulations are statutory instruments that seek to ensure that the policies set out in the relevant legislation are carried out. The Building Regulations Part B: Fire Safety document provides technical guidance for all buildings to ensure buildings are designed and constructed with acceptable levels of fire safety compliance.
This updated 1 – day course will discuss all aspects of fire safety guidance contained in the latest ‘clarified’ versions of the two volumes including volume 1 dwelling houses and volume 2 buildings other than dwelling houses.
The revised sections involving External fire spread for certain high rise buildings, cladding construction, material performance etc.
Sprinklers to blocks of flats and wayfinding signage requirements will be discussed.
Other fire safety standards and related fire safety guidance will be discussed, including the Regulatory Reform (fire safety) Order 2005.
Benefits of the course:
- It provides an in depth understanding of the requirements of Part B fire safety design of the Building Regulations and is an important part of any construction professional’s role in designing and constructing buildings to provide an acceptable level of fire safety.
- It removes some of the myths that have evolved over the years regarding the complexity of building fire safety requirements.
- The ability to navigate through the complexities of the documents.
- Access the speaker’s wealth of knowledge in the application of the fire safety requirements for all buildings.
- Practical examples and solutions on how to achieve compliance for some of the more common building situations.
- Provides an understanding of alternative standards available to provide compliance.