This 1 day course reviews the JCT Minor Works Building Contract 2016 and JCT Intermediate Building Contract 2016 and the setting up and administration of the forms and explains their use in a practical manner revamped to explain the new and amended provisions of the 2016 contracts.
Often, due to their targeted use with small and intermediate scale works, minor works and intermediate contracts are entered without real understanding or knowledge about what the implications will be.
Benefits of this course:
- Recognising when IFC and minor works are appropriate
- Ability to select the correct contract to meet the project
- Appreciate the weaknesses and pitfalls of minor works and IFC focusses and when other forms are used
- Understand the roles and responsibilities within the JCT Minor Works Building Contract 2016 and the
Intermediate Building Contract 2016
- Learn the impact of time issues and how they are managed within the contract
- Gain an understanding of payment requirements within the contract
- Benefit from a post-seminar helpline
- Understand the advances of the IFC and minor work contracts to ensure time, cost and quantity are managed successfully.