APM PMQ – 5 day course
The APM Project Management Qualification (PMQ) is a knowledge based qualification that allows candidates to demonstrate knowledge of all elements of project management. Candidates will be able to demonstrate an understanding of how these elements interact and how their project fits into their strategic and commercial environment. It is aimed at either those with a minimum of 1-3 year’s experience in project delivery who are seeking to consolidate a structured approach to project management or experienced project professionals looking to formalise their knowledge and gain exposure to APM terminology.
At the end of the course you will be able to:
Confidently apply the principles of project management to your project including:
- Defining the different roles in a project
- Describing the difference between a project, programme and portfolio
- Understanding impact of project context on success
- Establishing the project lifecycle and its benefits
- Developing a project business case
- Preparing a project management plan with the associated baselines
- Describing the way in which project managers lead and develop teams
- Describe how to control a project including applying earned value management
- Explain how to procure external resources
- Explain how quality can be managed during project delivery
- Confidently sit the three hour written exam with a clear understanding of what is required to pass.
- Explain the benefits of project management to you and your organisation.
- Assessment to gain the qualification is through the successful passing of a three hour written exam, which can be booked separately by contacting MyLearning.
Please note that eligibility for this course will depend upon successful completion of the APM Project Fundamentals Qualification (PFQ) and/or demonstrable evidence of appropriate Project Management experience.