This highly interactive 1 day course is delivered by practising barristers and adjudicators who are highly competent knowledge transfer speakers. The course has been designed to meet the needs of foundation and practitioner level delegates, and to give a greater understanding of UK construction contract law. It is aimed at anyone who has a contractual aspect to their job role, and would benefit from a rounded understanding of laws that underpin the majority of contracts in the construction industry.
The course begins by reviewing all the legal principles, including an understanding of the formation of contract, offer and acceptance, rejection and counter offer and acceptance. Delegates will then review the main contract terms and conditions and the impacts that arise from common mistakes. The aspects of contract breach, damages and claims are fully defined, discussed and reviewed leading onto potential problem areas and risk factors to consider.
Benefits of this course:
- Brush up on knowledge of the Construction Act and Supply of Goods and Services Act
- Gain understanding of the rudimentary concepts of Contract
- Recognise legal principles relating to contract terms
- Become conversant in conditions warranties and terms
- Learn how to risk profiles for the different forms
- Realise how subcontract relationships arise
- Grasp the concepts of collateral warranties bonds parent company guarantees
- Spot pitfalls in construction contracts
- Comprehend the issues of damages, liquidated or unliquidated
- Awareness of the dangers and procedures for termination
- Benefit from a post seminar helpline facility