PTS Initial Course for Overground Network Rail
Personal Track Safety (Initial) - PTS Initial course to attain a 2 Year Sentinel card registered on Network Rail’s NCCA data base
This course develops ability to correctly interpret Rule Book Track Safety Handbook and relevant instructions when required to go on or Near the Line. Delegates will also understand and be able to follow a Safe System of Work. A Network Rail course designed as an entry level competence. Any person joining the industry who will need to gain access to the track environment will need to attend.
Over three days candidates will be given an introduction to the railway environment, potential hazards, walking and working on or near the line and emergency procedures.
Aims – to instruct staff on correctly determining their responsibilities and duties when working On or Near the Line
Objectives – At the end of this course candidates will be able to-:
1. Demonstrate their ability to correctly interpret the Rule Book or the Track Safety Hand Book and relevant instructions when going On or Near the Line
2. Demonstrate their ability to follow a safe system of work.
- Getting to know the infrastructure
- Going on to the Railway
- Walking or working
- Communication skills
- Emergency situations
- AC & DC Electrification
- Track Visit
- Theory and practical/ verbal
- Candidates must be 18 years old or over
- Delegates will be sponsored for the course by our Rail Company on application.
- PTS Medical (NR/L2/OHS/00124) and Drugs & Alcohol Screening (NR/L1/OHS/051) will be undertaken by our Rail company before the course.
- PPE Equipment (the course includes a site visit)
- Candidates must have a UK Passport or EU Passport or a Passport with a current Visa to work in the UK, Proof of their NI number and Proof of their Home Address.
- Candidates must have at least a basic command of the English Language